Skip to toolbar

Home Forums ThunderClan ThunderClan Camp A New Name (Hollystar/Kass)

A New Name (Hollystar/Kass)

Home Forums ThunderClan ThunderClan Camp A New Name (Hollystar/Kass)

4 replies, 2 voices Last updated by  Hollystar 4 hours, 50 minutes ago
  • Hollystar
    Participant
    @hollystar

After returning from a hunting patrol, Hollystar placed her freshkill in the prey pile, and turned to face the clearing. She was looking for one cat in particular- Kass. The rogue was the first thing on her mind in the morning, as she woke up next to the blue calico, and the last thing on her mind when she went to sleep at night. She felt like she was sleeping better at night by having the soft she-cat next to her in the Leader’s den. It got quite lonely without having there cats with her.

However, this meeting with Kass would go either very well, or very bad. She needed to talk to her about taking on a Warrior name. The ebony Molly wasn’t sure how Kass would react. The truth was, that nobody in Thunderclan would treat Kass like a member of the clan unless she took on a proper name. As much as Hollystar liked her current name, it had to be done. If the rogue said no, Hollystar wasn’t sure what she was going to do. It’s not like she could ask her to leave the clan- she was madly in love with Kass. But if she refused to fully immerse herself in the clan lifestyle, would her clanmates ever accept Kass as one of their own?

The Thunderclan molly’s head was buzzing like a bee. Perhaps a piece of freshkill would put the other she-cat in a good mood before Hollystar had to ask the tough question. Gazing back at the prey pile, she spotted a plump chaffinch that she knew the calico would enjoy. After snatching up the bird, the leader let her emerald eyes rest upon the clearing, searching rapidly for Kass.

Tyler
    Participant
    @tyler

Kass had been having a rather unproductive day, but then again she was slowly learning that unproductive and bad didn’t necessarily have to go together. She’d awoken next to Hollystar, the she-car who seemed to make her chest ache with how much she cared for her. It was strange to be so enamored by something, somecat, to the point where if they just yawned or made a certain face her heart felt as if it would leap in her chest.

Maybe she was going crazy. It surely was possible. Maybe she’d really died in the river and this was her cat purgatory. It was odd, going back into the Medicine Cat Den to visit Cherrycloud- she was her only friend in the clan, but the word friend wasn’t quite cutting it since Kass just liked to mess with her a little and move on. She was returning from one of these occasions when she noticed her lover looking around the clan, presumably for her.

They couldn’t always be together, Hollystar’s job disallowed more than fleeting glances at some parts of the day, sly winks and shy smiles.  In a way it was Kass’ favorite parts of the day as the molly interacted with the rest of the clan.

Rounding her lover she quickly fell side by side with her, “Did you know that some of your elders are actually quite hilarious?! I heard one of them tell off an apprentice earlier when I passed their den. I think I might have found my people.” She started in lieu of a greeting. She probably would nose her cheek had she not been holding prey between her jaws.

Hollystar
    Participant
    @hollystar

As Hollystar padded around camp looking for Kass, she had suddenly appeared next to her! A purr arose from deep in her throat, and the leader turned to face Kass. She dropped the prey by the calico’s feet, then looked up to meet Kass’s eyes; her own sparkled with joy. “Hello,” she meowed gently, touching her nose to the molly’s ear. “Ah yes. The Elders can be quite comical,” she meowed, “just imagine us someday- yelling at the Apprentices to get the ticks off our tails!” She gave a small laugh, momentarily forgetting the serious topic she had to discuss with Kass.

She shoot her head, then let her gentle gaze rest on the molly. “I caught this while I was hunting,” she started, flicking her tails at the bird, “I thought you might like it.” Hollystar sat down. She took a small bit of the prey, then nosed it towards Kass, letting her have the rest of it. The Leader would eat later, once she was sure every other cat had something. “There was something I needed to talk to you about,” the ebony she-cat meowed after letting Kass devour the finch for a few moments. She took a deep breath, her stomach twisting with anxiety. “I wanted to see if you would be willing to take a Warrior name. I know that you don’t really care what the other cats think, and I don’t really either, but I’m afraid if you don’t start to blend in a little more that,” she paused for a moment; “that they might start pushing me to make you leave- which obviously I don’t want,” she meowed, adding the last part in quickly.

Tyler
    Participant
    @tyler

Something in Kass’ chest always seemed to give around Hollystar, especially when she looked at her like that. Who told her she could look at her like that? How dare she burrow inside Kass’ chest a leave a scent mark on her heart?! A part of it made Kass mad, annoyed her very soul when she saw something like a butterfly and wondered about her mate. Couldn’t she be less nauseating?! One look at the ebony molly’s emerald eyes told her that no, she couldn’t, because whatever it was she felt.. it was worth it. 

Even though they were still new at this, Kass could sense the anxiety in the leaders’ voice. It put the rogue on edge as she cautiously took a bite of the bird, finishing it off in a couple more bites whilst chewing in the roguish fashion she always did. When the leader did begin to speak Kass could feel the fur on her back begin to heat and rise. She wanted to change her name? To a Clan name of all things?! 

Kass thought she might be sick. Didn’t she know how much a name was worth? It wasn’t something she could just change. Her bi-colored eyes narrowed, surveying the land around her. This was too crowded for her liking- too many eyes. She didn’t want to make their spat a spectacle. “Come with me.” She mumbled, whipping around to lead the she-cat to a more secluded area of the camp nearest the clan wall. She dipped her head through a hole in the wall and pulled herself through leaving them completely secluded to the outside world. 

For a moment she just sat and closed her eyes, wondering how she was going to tackle this new information. She waited a couple minutes before she finally opened her mouth, “I’m not a clan cat. I probably will never be a clan cat. I’m your mate but..” she opened her eyes, gesturing around her, “this life? This clan life? There’s so much about it that I don’t stand for.” She ranted, “Like the whole religion aspect, the soft-touch, the keeling over to a code.. I just.. to give up my name would be like..  do you know how I got my name?” She tilted her head.

“I had to earn it. I wasn’t named until I was eight moons- until then I was just an initiate. I was born into my surroundings, given away as a kit in order to keep the boss happy. I never knew my parents I..” she choked slightly, “I was named along with Sebastian once we’d finished half of our first trials of training. They don’t name the army-born until then in case we die too soon. I had to kill a cat for this name Holly-“

“It’s my whole identity..” she whispered, eyeing the wall again as if the whole clan could hear her. As if the whole world. She took a step forward then, coming so close to her mate that they were practically nose to nose. “The only one that can make me leave is you and we both know that. So if you don’t want me just say so and I’ll leave.” 

Hollystar
    Participant
    @hollystar

As her mate’s mood totally changed, Hollystar’s heart sank and her ears laid flat on her head for a moment. As Kass started to walk away and told her to follow, the ebony she-cat’s eyes watched her go for a moment. Had she just destroyed the relationship that mattered most to her? With a anxious sigh, the Molly got to her paws and bounded after Kass.

They awkwardly sat in silence for what seemed like moons. Hollystar wasn’t sure what to say now; her mouth opened but nothing came out. Suddenly, Kass spoke, relieving her momentarily from her anxiety. She knew that her mate didn’t agree with Thunderclan’s customs or follow the Warrior code, but hearing her say it shot a pang of sadness through her heart. She wished that Kass would believe in StarClan only for the fact that when they both died, they could be together for eternity. When she asked if she knew how she got her name, Hollystar shook her head.

Her emerald eyes widened, and sadness filled her gaze. She stared at her paws, unsure of how to respond. “I-I’m sorry. I didn’t know,” she mumbled without looking towards Kass. “You don’t have to change your name- I just thought it would make it easier for the rest of the clan to accept you.” Her head shot up to face Kass as she suggested leaving. “No!” she meowed sharply, panic in her voice. “No,” she meowed again, “I never want you to leave.”

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register Login Lost Password

@

Not recently active